What should someone expect during a massage?
- The massage therapist will ask questions about what prompted you to get a massage.
- The massage therapist will want background information about your physical condition, medical history, lifestyle, stress levels and any painful areas.
- The massage therapist 0x00000000 Error will ask what your health goals are and will discuss how massage may help you achieve those goals.
- During a one-on-one massage, you will be asked to remove clothing to your level of comfort. Clothing is not removed during “chair” massages.
Consumers also should consider the following tips to help them find a massage therapist who is trained and qualified.
- Are you licensed to practice massage? (35 states have passed legislation to regulate massage therapy)
- Are you a member of the American Massage Therapy Association?
- Are you Nationally Certified in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork?
Massage May Help Ease Your Pain
Millions of Americans 22 are all too familiar with pain. There can be countless trips to the doctor or chiropractor, pain medications, sleepless nights and Are There Really Free Ways to Make Money at Home? the burden of making it through the day while enduring Dns_error_node_is_cname pain.
Have you tried massage?
A recent survey by the American Hospital Association shows that nearly 82 percent of hospitals that use some form of complementary or Stop Error 0x0000001e: Kmodeexceptionnothandled alternative care use massage therapy, with 70 percent of those hospitals using massage for pain management and pain relief.
A consumer survey commissioned by Investing Wise Within the Forex trading Market place the American Massage Therapy Association? (AMTA) reveals that more people than ever are seeking massage to manage and relieve pain. The survey shows that nearly half, 47 percent, of those Is Your Personal Information Safe On The Internet? polled have had a massage How to Recover Effectively After Calf Augmentation Surgery specifically for pain relief.
A 2003 survey of 1,998 massage clients showed that 63 percent believed massage therapy provided them greater pain relief than chiropractic, acupuncture, physical therapy or other bodywork.
Clinical research has shown massage therapy can:
- Be more effective for chronic back pain than other complementary Hp Officejet Pro K550 therapies.
- Promote relaxation and alleviate the perception of pain and anxiety in cancer patients.
- Reduce post-traumatic headaches better than cold pack treatments.
- Lessen pain and muscle spasms in patients who have undergone heart bypass surgery when part of hospital-based surgery treatment.
- Stimulate the brain to produce endorphins.
- Improve confidence by encouraging patients to effectively cope with their pain.
If you have chronic pain, talk to your doctor about adding massage by a qualified massage therapist to Advantages and Disadvantages in getting a master's degree online your pain management program. Finding a trained and qualified massage therapist is important, so look for a member of AMTA.
The American Massage Therapy Association is Error_ipsec_ike_neg_status_begin a resource center for massage therapists and massage therapy.